This seems like something that has been done before, but I'm not sure where to
look for it:

I need something like `syntax->datum` — call it `syntax->source` — that uses
the source locations and 'paren-shape property of the syntax to reconstitute
the source with its whitespace (I suppose comments would be unrecoverable, but
that's OK)

`typeset-code` in Scribble is close, but takes strings as input, not syntax
objects.

`chunk` in `scribble/lp2` is close, but AFAICT demands cooperation from `#lang
scribble/lp2`.