I have a GUI program (located here, for reference:
https://github.com/lehitoskin/ivy.git ) I'm working on and I've found that the
time it takes to go from clicking on the binary (or calling from CLI) to
getting a fully loaded window takes about 2.5 ~ 3 seconds. What I would like is
to get it down to 1 ~ 1.5 seconds. Now, I've done some more obvious things like
using racket/base and racket/gui/base and calling require on every specific
package I use, but it seems that isn't enough to get the startup times where I
want them.

Are there any other obvious or generalized steps I could do that might help?
Perhaps moving some code into expansion instead of runtime (not exactly sure
what or how to do that, though)?