The main thing I worry about is that there are standard conventions
that we're missing from other language families. Would someone mind
investigating a few other, popular languages to see what they do so
that can be taken into account? And perhaps pointing to the docs or
showing some example code? (If we don't like what they do, we don't
have to do it that way, but gratuitous difference seems unwise.)

Robby