I tried to use this program to break things:

#lang racket
(begin-for-syntax (sleep 5))
(+ 1 2)

which should behave something like what you're saying and might give
an opportunity for a race in the GUI to appear, but that didn't seem
to do it for me.

I'll keep my eyes open, tho. I may just not be clicking in quite the right way.

Robby