Deren Dohoda wrote on 06/23/2017 06:52 PM:
I already screwed up my uploaded package by using a plural and then later read that the style guide suggests singulars.

Conscientiousness in a community is admirable. But my opinion is to not worry too much about that particular perceived faux pas. :)

The Racket style guides/guidelines I've seen are relatively recent inventions, and I believe they're oriented more towards contributions to core Racket.

There's a lot of diverse thinking within the broad Racket community, on a whole lot of Racket topics, since long before the guidelines I've seen, and it's ongoing.

People can say (and I certainly do!) "I think it's generally best if people do X", and also "I personally prefer to do X" or "my project/company does X", but (outside of core Racket itself) there's not a lot of "all Racket users have to do X".[*] Also, if you look at the history of Scheme and then Racket, there's a lot of individualist thinking, and some good things have happened because people were able to say "I'm doing X", and the languages and communities usually said "cool" or "whatever", not put up barriers.

I suspect everyone wants to see more good stuff in the default package catalog, more than they want to force any particular style dogma on everyone.

[*] My gosh, you can make unhygienic syntax transformers, and use `eval` with wild abandon! I've even seen people put close-parentheses characters on their own lines! :)