I have been working through The Racket Graphical Interface Toolkit
documentation to learn GUI programming and I thought I would do a small but
useful project.  The idea is to make a simple GUI front end which will
formulate commands for ffmpeg to do various video and audio conversions on
selected files and then run those commands.  MrLib/terminal seems like just the
thing except there are various ways that it isn't as good as it could be for
this kind of project.   It's mostly small things, for example, the cancel
button is labeled "Abort Instillation" by default.  The one thing which is not
so simple is that it looks like it is intended to just run one command and not
create an interactive environment.  I was expecting to be able to send commands
to the terminal% object in order to run things one after another.  Instead, you
pass a function as a parameter when you create the terminal% object and it just
runs that function.  So, either I have to close the terminal and open a new one
each time I run a command or I suppose that I could have the function work with
a thread mailbox or channels so that I could keep using it.  My question is
whether MrLib Terminal the best option for this kind of work or is there a
better bet?

https://docs.racket-lang.org/mrlib/Terminal_Window.html

James