A filesystem-change event becomes ready if there's a change between the
time that you create the event and the time that you poll it. After the
change event becomes ready, it stays ready, so you'd need create a new
filesystem-change event to watch for further changes.

With that interface, these questions of granularity don't apply,
because your program is in charge of how often it creates and checks
filesystem-change evts. Then again, it also means that the
filesystem-change API doesn't tell you what has changed.