On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Matthew Flatt <mfl...@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Wed, 7 Feb 2018 15:16:24 -0500, David Storrs wrote:
>> "Checksum problem?" I said to myself.  "I didn't know there was
>> anything about a checksum.  The documentation made it sound like I
>> simply had to point it at a repository.
>
> Yes, that's right. It looks like there's some problem that isn't yours.

Oh, good.  I was so frustrated because I couldn't figure out what I'd
done wrong.

> I think you're looking at
>
>   http://pkg-build.racket-lang.org/server/built/archive-fail/handy.txt
>
> which tells you about a checksum error that the package-build service
> encountered.

Yes, that's right.  On that subject, the error message is:

pkg: cannot use empty checksum for Git repostory package source
  source: https://github.com/dstorrs/racket-dstorrs-libs.git

I note that the word 'repository' is misspelled.

> Meanwhile,
>
>   https://pkgs.racket-lang.org/package/handy
>
> tells you about an error that the package-registration server suffered
> in trying to get a checksum to supply the package-build service (and
> clients).
>
> It's not great that there are two different places where errors are
> reported, but the root problem seems to be an error on the server.

Ah.  Given that other people's packages are working fine, this is
probably an issue with mine.  There's no info.rkt, could that be
relevant?