> On Mar 5, 2018, at 4:47 AM, HiPhish <hiph...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>
> As for Racket, I'm not quite sure. ...
> immutability and functional programming are a bit harder to wrap your mind
> around than the usual way of giving the computer a sequence of instructions to
> follow.

Do you also think that calculating is hard? That using a calculator is hard?
Kids are bombarded with immutability for 12 years in American schools ..
it’s called mathematics, and most of the math is programming, except that
we don’t do it that way.

Have you ever thought that programming could reinforce math and math
could directly, without detour reinforce programming? Have thought about
the idea that coding could animate math tremendously and that math
could power coding beyond the boring ladybug chasing with step-by-step
commands?

Did you ever consider that a parent may wish to teach a child how to code
but that the child should still be free to become a doctor, journalist, or
accountant
.. and that the coding lessons should help with all of these professions?

This is where Racket actually comes from. — Matthias, long live S-expressions