On 16/03/18 13:52, Matthew Flatt wrote:
>> But even more surprised that given I only open one
>> open (the null) port for stdout and stderr I still get the system error.
>
> There's no avoiding an OS-level file descriptor for each of stdin,
> stdout, and stderr. Even if you supply an existing file-stream port, it
> will be `dup`ed internally, and `open-output-nowhere` is not close
> enough to the core for there to be a special case.

Understood.
At the moment this certainly does feel like it's not a problem but as
number of cores per machine increase, it's certainly possible that one
might want to have a larger number of places running simultaneously.

At least it seems I can catch the exception and present the error nicely
to the user.

Thanks,

--
Paulo Matos