> On Sep 17, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Kevin Forchione <lyss...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In a nutshell I’m working with some hash tables whose keys are symbol and
> whose values may be other keys or values such as identifiers, and I got a bit
> tired of quoting all my symbols for functions and decided to use some macros
> when working with the tables.

OK. Yes, in general you need a macro to convert something like `(id bar)` to
`(other-id 'bar)`, because otherwise the naked `bar` is treated as an
identifier (and therefore as usual needs a binding, or the program won't run).
For even more notational convenience, you might also look at the `read-cdot`
parameter and `#%dot` identifier, which can expand `table.key` to something
like `(hash-ref table 'key)`.