Hi,

I sometimes see Racket packages on PLaneT or Github, but lack a licence.

I don’t feel I can redistribute or fork abandoned code if it lacks a
licence. (I can give an example of an 11yo abandoned project that I’d love
to fork but can’t because it lacks a licence)

With that in mind- what licences should be used when making code available
on the package repository/github in the following situations:

a) general purpose library that I am happy for the broader community of
evelopers to use without restraint - but is unlikely to ever meet to be
included in Racket e.g. I have an number checksum validator (UK NHS ID
number)
- is dual licence Apache/MIT appropriate? or is it completely up to me.

b) library, tool or DrRacket plugin that may(or may not) become part of the
Racket distribution
- is dual licence Apache/MIT appropriate or should it also be LGPL?

c) anything else?

Kind regards,

Stephen

--