In my program, hashes are only 20% faster than sets containing approximately 20
elements that are S-expressions.

I solved the mystery of why switching to lists with unique elements made things
faster and in some cases even changed the meaning of the program. I always
thought that my program would add the elements to the sets in the same order
every time, so lists with unique elements would be equivalent to sets. It turns
out that I was wrong. Case closed.
--
Leandro Facchinetti <m...@leafac.com>
https://www.leafac.com