re: https://github.com/racket/web-server/issues/50

Hi,

I've copied comment on the Continue issue from GitHub because I consider
Continue and important and valuable resource. It is linked from the Racket
home page, I've referred to it many times and continue(Ha!) to do so as I
learn more about building web applications in Racket, and due to the
prominence of the Continue tutorial, I suspect it is a common starting
point for many who are new to Racket.

Obviously you only see GitHub issues if you are @mentioned or have
subscribed, so I have copied it here for feedback:

--update to issue #50:

To summarise; function signatures rendering reduce readability of the
Continue Tutorial (thanks @sorawee <https://github.com/sorawee> for raising
this)

Options suggested to resolve this include

   1. adding line breaks (an interim measure) [done]
   2. creating new signature functions
   3. reword the tutorial
   4. create a new signature function @ref*[]{}
   5. [pollen](http://docs.racket-lang.org/pollen/quick-tour.html) by
   @mbutterick <https://github.com/mbutterick> might be a better fit than
   scribble/manual for tutorial documents (my suggestion - though I admit I
   don't have any experience with pollen - I just think the beautiful racket
   tutorials)

I see the Continue tutorial as a flagship tutorial for Racket and worth
investing some time in.
I've decided to try dedicate some time both to work on it in any way I can,
and to recruit others to the task, with the understanding that any changes
need approval from Jay (@jeapostrophe <https://github.com/jeapostrophe> )
the author/maintainer.

To my mind these the suggestions above can be decided into two broad groups;

   1. coding to make the document rendering suit the existing text
   2. update the text

i'd like to suggest that *both* are good proposals and not mutually
exclusive;

   - the coding to better support tutorial style documents could be some
   combination of
      - updating scribble/manual (adding a @ref@[]{} function)
      - creating a `scribble/tutorial'
      - porting to pollen
   - the rewriting could include
      - rewording to work better with the signature functions,
      - rewriting to *eliminate the signatures* as used in the formlets

<http://docs.racket-lang.org/continue/index.html#%28part._.Using_.Formlets%29>
       section

*Is anyone interested in doing or leading one of these tasks, or recruiting
someone else who could? (contribution to the racket project looks great on
a CV)*

On the topic of rewriting please see issue #53
<https://github.com/racket/web-server/issues/53>

Notes:

   - the tiny gap between the signature and subsequent text doesn't occur
   in other manuals
   - the formlets section

<http://docs.racket-lang.org/continue/index.html#%28part._.Using_.Formlets%29>
doesn't
   use the scribble/manual signature functions @defthing[]{} etc.
   - the problem of no break between the signature function and following
   text doesn't appear in other scribble/manual documents (I've included some
   images below from continue and The Racket Reference

<http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/symbols.html#%28def._%28%28quote._~23~25kernel%29._symbol~3f%29%29>
   demonstrate)