I have a scribble document with a string representation of some code. The
string is "(+ 1 2) \r\n (* 2 3)" which eventually gets sent through my
reader.

When I run "Scribble HTML" in DrRacket it works. When I run "raco setup" it
works. But when I run "raco test" my reader fails with

(exn:fail:read:eof "prog:2:0: read-syntax: expected a `)` to close `(`"
#<continuation-mark-set> (list (srcloc 'prog 2 0 15 1)))

If I remove the \r so that the string is "(+ 1 2) \n (* 2 3)" then
everything works, including "raco test".

My reader depends on (current-readtable) so my best guess is that "raco
test" is modifying it before my reader runs. (Is there a way I can access
the default readtable used by #lang racket, instead of using
current-readtable? That would probably be better.)

Or maybe there is some parameter that controls newline handling?

I don't know a good way to debug this. Any suggestions and wild guesses are
appreciated.