I noticed recently that there have been several messages to this list which
took an excessively long time to get to me.  For example, two messages from
George Neuner, which arrived today, were actually sent on Wednesday.  Since I
am having messages delivered to my desktop client, I decided to investigate the
email headers to see where the delay was.  I am using an email alias created in
a domain hosted at gandi.net which forwards to my Comcast address.  So, I
wanted to see whose fault the delay was (Google, Gandi, or Comcast.)  According
to my reading of the headers, the delay was entirely within Google.  In other
words, there were excessive delays moving from one Google server to another.
If this is correct then other people on the list should be seeing the same
delays.  At least, anyone who is having list messages sent to a regular email
address should be seeing the same delay.  So can other's confirm?  Are we all
having the same problem?