I've gotten this error many times when building docs.  Some google
searching gives me the impression that it's a known issue.  Usually, I just
refactor my code so that racket/gui doesn't get required, and everything is
fine.  Is there another workaround, though?

There was some functionality that I'd really like to use in racket:text%
(for automatically tabifying code snippets).  It works great in all
contexts except for when I build documentation.

I suppose I could require racket:text% in a separate process and
communicate with that process.  I was hoping for something a bit less icky,
though.

Any ideas?