On 22/02/2019 04:05, travis.hinkel...@gmail.com wrote:
> After posing the question yesterday, I spent a little time poking around
> in the Github repository for Apache Arrow and came to the same
> conclusion, i.e., large project presumably facilitated by corporate backing.

True, they are large projects... maybe even facilitated by corporate
backing but someone got them started and they probably got started
without corporate backing. I would say that you should do it if you are
motivated to do it for fun or if you need it. Start small, maybe create
just a very small subset of bindings that solve a specific problem.
Document it, publicize it, allow people to contribute. Maybe one day,
corporate backing will come.

Good luck!

--
Paulo Matos