> On Mar 1, 2019, at 12:05 PM, Stephen De Gabrielle <spdegabrie...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Matthias,
> (or anyone else who is available to answer :))
>
> I'm trying to get my head around the range of possible languages in Racket.
>
> You got me thinking how many languages seem to have embedded little
> languages.
> I was wondering how they fit into your categories of languages?
>
> 3. The nature of languages ranges from
>         — stand-alone languages with ugly syntax (example: datalog)
>         — #lang stand-alone DSLs (config, scribble)
>
> Does '#lang video' fit in this group?

Yes.

>         — #lang language mixins (s-expr, 2d)
>
> Do regular #px""/#rx expressions fit in this category?

I don’t understand how #px is similar to the s-expr or at-expr or 2d #lang
mixins. I am referring to lines such as #lang at-exp scribble.

>         — embedded DSLs with mostly coarse-grained interactions with Racket
> (redex)
>
> would racket/class fit in this group?

I classified it with the next bullet.

> would (require sql) fit in this group?

I think so. I haven’t used it.

>         — embedded DSLs with fine-grained interaction with Racket (the
> language of class syntax; syntax-parse: the pattern and templated languages,
> which interact via syn-pattern vars)
>
> Do regular #px""/#rx expressions fit in this category?

I still don’t understand what you mean here.

— Matthias

p.s. In my mind, format and regexp-match (and similar functions) are
interpreters for programs in DSLs that are written down as strings. That’s my
opening slides for HtDL (from last year).