> object system (which also cooperates with generics)

TBH I've been avoiding Racket object system since my needs are typically
limited and don't call for full blown OOP. I only casually looked at what
its capable of, I guess may need to revisit. I was rather hoping for
something as simple as structs and generics a-la Emacs Lisp. Superficially
Racket structs appear to be like those in Emacs Lisp and Clojure, but now
that I'm using them more I'm starting to doubt that. They feel lower level
(although quite rich) - the kind of cloth you use to build everything else.
I feel like Racket could use a more nimble data type with identity than
structs, yet not as ad-hoc as hash-tables. Well, nothing stops one from
implementing that, I suppose.