On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM Greg Hendershott <greghendersh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Sure.  But I'm not looking for the package server to do tests for me, I'm
> > looking for it to not discourage people from using my package because
> > there's a red 'fails' next to the name when there shouldn't be.
> Especially
> > when it hasn't tried to rebuild the package for two weeks.
>
> Probably the daily build server didn't try to build it for two weeks,
> because the package catalog said it didn't change for two weeks, because
> the repo didn't have any new commits between March 16 and April 30.
>
> (I actually thought the daily build server built everything daily.
> Apparently it only rebuilds when the outcome could be different, which I
> guess makes sense.)
>
> It looks like the daily build server noticed yesterday's package catalog
> update and built this morning:
>
>   <https://pkg-build.racket-lang.org/server/built/install/test-more.txt>
>
> > The time is now Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 8:15:04am
>
> As for the dependency problems:
>
>   <https://pkg-build.racket-lang.org/server/built/deps/test-more.txt>
>
> > raco setup: --- summary of package problems ---
> > raco setup: undeclared dependency detected
> > raco setup:   for package: "test-more"
> > raco setup:   on package:
> > raco setup:    "base"
> > The time is now Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 8:15:14am
>
> I think you simply need to add to your `info.rkt` something like
>
>     (define deps '("base"))

Brilliant.  Thanks, Greg.  I always forget that I need to explicitly tell
it that yes, you need to have racket/base available in order to use a
Racket package. :>

> or, if you know you need a version of Racket >= something like (say) 7.2:
>
>     (define deps '(["base" #:version "7.2"])
>
> And then... wait up to 24 hours. :)
>

> p.s. Not to flog it but AFAIK the easiest way to discover any such
> minimum version requirement is to set up Travis CI with a bunch of
> Racket versions and let it discover and tell you. For example:
>
>   <
> https://github.com/greghendershott/travis-racket/blob/master/.travis.yml>

Funny you mention that -- I was working with Travis earlier today, but our
code is hosted at GitLab instead of GitHub and Travis has been very clear
that they are not going to support anyone other than GitHub.  I found your
Travis code and tried to adapt it to work with the GitLab CI system, but
the syntax is different enough between the two that I was having a lot of
trouble.

So I created a pre-push Git hook and I was done in 3 minutes.  :>

(In seriousness, I recognize that Travis can do a lot of useful stuff like
auto-deploys etc, but it's not critical for my needs.)