Opinions are like belly buttons, and I'd like to show you two of mine (as in
that terrible Gene Roddenberry film).

I very much like the overall goals of making Racket more consistent and more
generic.  They strike me as reforms of the language.  I wonder if adding these
features would be too far from the "spirit" of Racket.

 • Make a clear distinction between mutable and immutable data

Perhaps make everything immutable except for the contents of boxes (reminiscent
of ML).  It would be a significant change, but I think that it would encourage
functional programming and allow valuable optimizations.

 • Offer "unique" data

As used in Clean and Idris, a unique value "is guaranteed to have at most one
reference to it at run-time, which means that it can safely be updated
in-place, reducing the need for memory allocation and garbage collection."

--
READ CAREFULLY. By accepting this material, you agree, on behalf of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and