I don't mind the parentheses. But I think Racket is kind of bloated and
fragmented (I'm new to Racket, but this is the impression that I got so
far). There are a lot of forms that are doing similar but slightly
different things (e.g., the many let forms), and features that are not well
integrated (the OO system comes to mind). I think it is amazing that all
the features and forms that Racket provides can be reduced to a small set
of core forms, but programmers don't write programs in the core forms, and
I think it is the responsibility of the language designer to carefully
craft a small set of forms and features that a programmer can use directly
to solve most of the "ordinary programming problems" productively.
Otherwise, personal extensions will flourish, and the ecosystem will be
unnecessarily fragmented.