On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 9:18 PM Jay McCarthy <jay.mccar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't completely understand what you want to do. Is there a reason
> you can't use the WebSocket implementation ---
> https://docs.racket-lang.org/rfc6455/index.html --- and then use
> normal inter-Racket communication like channels and stuff to work with
> the rest of your Web application?

It would be nice if the documentation for that would have some
examples, but after playing with it for a bit it looks like it's
broken, possibly because I don't use it properly.  I keep getting
errors that look like "read-request: malformed request ..." with
binary goo in the error message, which usually displayed like random
unicode, sometimes it breaks the terminal due to weird escape
sequences.  Even if I'm not using it properly, such errors shouldn't
happen.

And as a side note, one of the errors I saw was:

 exception raised by error display handler: format: ill-formed pattern string
   explanation: tag `~l' not allowed
   pattern string: "read-request: malformed request
...junk...~l...more..."; original exception raised: read-request: ...

which looks like a bad error re-raising in the web server code.  A
quick grep finds at least one suspicious line which erroneously uses a
random string as a format string:

    (with-handlers ([exn:fail? (lambda (exn) (network-error
'output-file (exn-message exn)))]) ...

--
                   ((x=>x(x))(x=>x(x)))                  Eli Barzilay:
                   http://barzilay.org/                  Maze is Life!