What can you say about places & parallelism under CS vs. BC? This is one area
that I find CS to reliably underperform BC (by about a factor of 2). Place
creation seems slower under CS. More interestingly however, the utilization of
multiple cores seems inefficient. For instance, when I run a full parallel
Pollen render under BC, my cores jump to 90-100% and stay there. Fans speed up,
struggling to eject the heat of this awesome computation. Whereas under CS, the
cores saunter along in a more leisurely range of about 40-50% (which would
itself account for the 2x perf difference).