Hi,

I noticed that top level (define-values ...) forms create bindings that
include the top-level-bind-scope (of the namespace's root-expand-context),
and have two questions related to this.

First, in the source file expander/expand/bind-top.rkt, there is a comment
that says "When compiling `(define-values (x) ...)` at the top level,
we'd like to bind `x` so that a reference in the "..." will point back to
the definition, as opposed to being whatever `x` was before." Isn't this
the exact opposite of what (define-values (x) ...) should do?

Second, ignoring the comment mentioned above, but still consider
`(define-values (x) ...)`. It appears that the binding of `x` to `...` with
the top-level-bind-scope is only used by `(#%top . x)` (either explicit or
implicit). The only exception seems to be in contexts where neither `x` nor
#%top are binded, in which case `x`, not wrapped by #%top, also uses that
binding. The case of `(#%top . x)` is confusing because even without the
top-level-bind-scope binding of `x`, `(#%top . x)` can still locate
`(define-values (x) ...)`, otherwise mutually recursive functions won't
work at the top level. As for the exception case, it seems rare enough that
it can be ignored. So my question is, what's benefit does the
top-level-bind-scope bring?

Thanks!