>  It wouldn't work anyway since `declare_modules` also failed to resolve
> and I'm guessing I really need the `libracketcs.a` from the snapshot for
> that.

Oh ... I see `declare_modules` is produced by `raco ctool`. Why static
though? This means I have to #include "hello.c" like in the example in the
docs, but hm. At least I know why I was missing this particular symbol. The
C codebase in question uses opinionated build tools e.g. `makeheaders`
which analyses .c sources and produces corresponding header files, so
anything static never makes into that hello.h which I tried to include.