On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 4:50:44 AM UTC-4, Alex Harsanyi wrote:

> I am trying to speed up an algorithm using futures, but I am getting some
> unexpected results (and no real speed improvements), and I was wondering if
> someone more experienced could have a look a the code and tell me what am I
> doing wrong.
>
> I put up the code in this repository:
> https://github.com/alex-hhh/cp3-exeriments, unfortunately it is the
> simplest meaningful example that I can come up with.  Most of the
> functions, however are just support functions and there are six
> implementation of the same algorithm.
> [...]

This is entirely unrelated to your question, but I'm curious about your
ranges. Andy Coggan defines the following:

Neuromuscular:  < 30 seconds
Anaerobic:  30 seconds to 3 minutes
VO2max:  3 minutes to 8 minutes
Lactate Threshold: 8 to 30 minutes
Tempo:  60 to 180 minutes
Endurance:  60 to 300 minutes

I'm curious about you using 2 to 5 minutes for anaerobic. In particular,
because I'm targeting 5 minutes as an important benchmark, and I've
considered that as high level aerobic w/ a strong anaerobic contribution.