On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:09:04 AM UTC-4, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> For an important production system, you probably want the source of any
> third-party packages on which you depend to be in Git (or another SCM
> system) that you control.
>
> You might also want to audit those packages yourself, as well as audit
> any new version changes to them, before you push to production.
>
> After you do those things in SCM, depending how you do it, you *might*
> find it's more convenient to simply load the third-party code you need
> using the module system `require` only, without an additional package
> system.

While I see some benefits of this approach, I just looked at a typical
Rails project of mine, and it has over 160 packages with some packages
depending on different versions of other packages, etc., so I think
managing all of this myself in git might be overly burdensome. Granted, my
current Racket apps have far fewer dependencies, but I expect that may
increase over time.