On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 3:19 AM Michael Sperber <sper...@deinprogramm.de>
wrote:

> Technical question for Robby: How should we represent the icon?
> Just a bitmap% object?

A bitmap is a good choice (safe because the data of the bitmap can be
extracted and then turned into a safe bitmap% object on the drracket side).
And this has me thinking that we also want to take advantage of record-dc
here.

That is, I think a good way to do that is to use the file/convertible
interface (we'd have to add a new option) where values can declare that
they can be turned into the data structure that record-dc produces in some
way (picts and 2htdp/image images would just draw into a record dc and
extra the result). That would allow a lot of different kinds of
drawing-type thingies and would be easy to support.

Robby