It might make the most sense for you to extract the exn-message and print
it yourself? It should contain only the "a: undefined" part. If you want to
selectively access the stacktrace and decide whether or not to print that
first stackframe, that'll probably require a change to DrRacket, tho -- at
least if you have debugging turned on. (There may be some clever hack I'm
not thinking of, tho, depending on what you want.)

Robby