> > On windows:
> > 1. I had to add the lib subfolder in the dist to the path (else the exe
> > would not find the dlls in there).
>
> The intent in a Windows distribution is that the executable and "lib"
> folder stay together, as they are in the archive. Was the executable
> not able to find the folder content when kept alongside in the same
> directory?

Yes it didn't find the libiconv-2.dll in the distribution "lib" sub-folder,
only after I added that to my path.
Is there a specific function like `current-library-collection-paths` I
should output from my executable,
to get insight into what might be wrong?
It seems as if "./lib" is meant to be a default search path, but isn't for
some reason.

> > 2. Copy the dlls from /tmp/todays-snapshot/i386-win32-bc/lib/ to the lib
> > subfolder.
>
> Which libraries were needed? They should have been pulled along in the
> distribution's "lib" folder automatically, assuming they're referenced
> in a Racket module with `define-runtime-path` (which modules like
> `racket/draw` and `racket/gui` do for their libraries).

 I copied a few one by one, with the error message telling me which one it
didn't have next, but eventually I got impatient and copied all that I had
in that folder:
libatk-1.0-0.dll     libfribidi-0.dll      libiconv-2.dll
libpixman-1-0.dll
libcairo-2.dll       libgio-2.0-0.dll      libintl-9.dll
libpng16-16.dll
libeay32.dll         libglib-2.0-0.dll     libjpeg-9.dll
longdouble.dll
libexpat-1.dll       libgmodule-2.0-0.dll  libpango-1.0-0.dll
myssink.dll
libffi-6.dll         libgobject-2.0-0.dll  libpangocairo-1.0-0.dll
sqlite3.dll
libfontconfig-1.dll  libgthread-2.0-0.dll  libpangoft2-1.0-0.dll
ssleay32.dll
libfreetype-6.dll    libharfbuzz-0.dll     libpangowin32-1.0-0.dll
zlib1.dll

these were present before the copy: libiconv-2.dll  libracket3m_d8ary8.dll
longdouble.dll

I am not too sure where to start debugging this, any tips about values to
look at would be appreciated.