I've learned some Racket, and can comfortably program in it, but I only
learned it as an ordinary language, much like Scheme. I know Racket is much
more than that, for its "language-oriented" features. Languages become a
first-class member in Racket, and to my understanding, even "#lang racket"
is just a language built on some core. What I want to know is, what's the
very core of Racket?

I've noticed that in the Racket Reference there is a section "Fully
Expanded Programs", which seems the very core of Racket. But it still takes
an S-expression form, and apparently Racket allows language customization
on the syntax level. I wonder if the S-expression language is the core of
Racket, or the entire Racket has a different structure?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could explain it in a simple way or
could point out some good (and short) material for me to read. The Racket
Reference is too long, and I believe the core Racket can be well explained
in a much shorter piece of text, if I just look for a brief understanding.

Also my question may be confusing, because I don't understand Racket well
at all. Feel free to correct me or ask for clarification. Thanks in advance!