Interesting--I would have thought that was a constant, since the value can be calculated at compile time. But then, it is asking a lot of the compiler to provide results consistent at run and compile times in that case. In The Old Days, I suppose a compiler would have just cavalierly ignored the issue, in the same way compilers assume that computer arithmetic is associative and commutative.

Randolph

On 2011-02-18 08:59:04 -0800, Bernd Zeimetz said:

Hi,

building radiance fails with gcc >=4.5 with
rhdobj.c:221:15: error: storage size of 'neighlist' isn't constant

which is due to the fact that using a define like
#define NAZI            ((int)(PI/2.*NALT+.5))
to define the size of an array is not allowed - gcc 4.5 implements various
details of the standard stricter than versions before.

Attached patch fixes that, not sure if it is the best way to handle it - I
didn't check if NAZI or NALT will be redfined somewhere. The issue should be
fixed in some way, though.

Cheers,

Bernd

--
Randolph M. Fritz • rfr...@lbl.gov
Environmental Energy Technologies Division • Lawrence Berkeley Labs