Pally,

The CVS repo at radiance-online.org is the de facto, de jure, and just plain
The One repository for Radiance. Everything else is mirrors.

The Kitware repo started as a staging area for all the changes necessary to get
Radiance reliably building on Windows, including the additions for the windows
rvu. As such, a branch called "combined" was created, which held the master
branch as well as all the changes we'd made. This was initially a testing
branch, from which we made all the patches for Greg. Eventually we migrated the
Git repository to NREL's public Github site, and for no particularly good
reason, we left the combined branch. So the Github "combined" branch is
actually a mirror of the radiance-online CVS "main", aka HEAD.

Long story short, if you want to use Git for your Radiance source needs, you
should be looking at the combined branch:
https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/tree/combined

*That* branch is synced hourly with the CVS, which is the "real" source:
http://radiance-online.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ray/?pathrev=MAIN

The version of falsecolor on combined has that change...
https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/blob/combined/src/px/falsecolor.pl

-Rob