Hi Victor,

I think this conversation is resurrected from old news, but if you're
interested, I implemented equirectangular projection in my fork:
https://github.com/nljones/Accelerad. The only difference is that it's
omni-directional stereo (i.e. up-down dual equirectangular projection). But
it's probably similar to what you're doing.

Nathaniel