Hi Germán,

As I said, you can pipe the materials and geometry to the oconv command,
something like:

        FILE *outfp = popen("oconv - > /tmp/myfile.oct", "w");
        /* tons of stuff to outfp */
        pclose(outfp);
        ray_init("/tmp/myfile.oct");
        /* lots of calls to ray_trace() */
        ray_done();

Lots of other things to do as well, such as setting rendering options and
error-checking.  This should give you the basic idea, though.

Cheers,
-Greg