Well then, I'd like to submit a (company) website template of sorts for
the contest...
I present <a href="http://radtest.enguindesign.com";>Handsome in
Blue</a>.
It's not just a blank template, it's a lesson of sorts as well for those
new to Radiant as well as managing websites.  The <a
href="http://enguindesign.com/sites/radiant-template/handsomeinblue.yml";>template</a>

is a heavy weighing in at 41k, but it has separate stylesheets for
screen, print, and handheld devices, (also has some goodies for text
browsers). It uses XHTML-Strict, the CSS validates beautifully, and
takes advantage of a lot of Radius's features.

-----
Excuse me while I sob like a little baby I figured it out...the hard
way. I got to thinking, this is Ruby...therefore spaces matter.  With
that in mind, I'll outline the structure of the yaml file.

name: [name of template]
records:
  Layouts:
    1:
      name: [name of layout]
      id: 1
      content: |
        This is where the body of your template goes the
        white space must be at least one space beyond
        the beginning of its container, and remember
        no indents that's cheating.
    2:
      name: [name of second layout]
      id: 2
      Content: |
  Snippets:
    1:
      name: [you get the point]
      id: 1
      content: |
  Pages:
    1:
      slug:
      title:
      breadcrumb:
      id:
      status_id:
      layout_id: [id of layout that should apply to it]
      parent_id: [id of parent]
  PageParts:
    1:
      name:
      page_id: [id of page this part applies to]
      id: 1
      content: |
        I hate myself, a lot
-----

You basically have to give the same level container the same ammount of
white-space (so "layouts," "Snippets," "Pages," and "PageParts" all have
2spaces, the ID numbers all have 4 spaces, etc).  Hopefully I explained
that well enough...once you figure it out, it's really easy.  Good luck!