That's true, I can't either. But I was able to reproduce it consistently
for several days using the same method. Refresh a cached page, clear the
page cache, repeat. Doing this about 3 or 4 times pushed mongrel to
about 160MB foot print. Mongrel debug logging showed a massive number of
'String' and 'Array' objects never being garbage collected. The system
was basically setup like this:

Redhat EL3
Apache 2.0.46 (I think)
Mongrel 0.3.13
sqlite3 - ruby bindings
radiant 0.5.0

Keeping everything the same and switching to postgres 8 solved the
problem and it's been running stable for about 2 weeks now. So what the
exact reason was, I don't know, but I do know that the sqlite3 ruby
bindings were the difference between leaking and not leaking.

Josh