You make a good point about the caching.  It just might be a vulnerability to allow Radiant to edit files in the filesystem, that's all. (Remembering nightmares of PHP script-kiddies)

Sean

On 9/21/06, Tom von Schwerdtner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/21/06, Sean Cribbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What would that accomplish?  Part of the point of having it in Radiant is
> that it can be edited at a moment's notice, without worrying about file
> permissions yada yada yada.  Personally, I think it would be a slippery
> slope to allow Radiant users to edit files in the filesystem.

Perhaps he is thinking of improved performance serving the document
(eg, Squid or Apache caching)?

I don't know if it would improve anything, but thats the only
potential advantage I can think of when it comes to "TTW edit with FS
save".

-T