On 24 Sep 2006, at 18:49, Sean Cribbs wrote:

> Dave Crossland wrote:
>> On 24/09/06, Steven Noels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> In my base template, I want to output a
>>> only if some children of the current page exist. How can I check
>>> for children of a page?
>> You need to define a new tag like that would work like this:
>> This is explained in more details on the wiki - to which I hope
>> you'll contribute your experiences with! :-) http://
>> dev.radiantcms.org/radiant/wiki/HowToDefineGlobalTags
> Perhaps, but the children:each tag will only work if children
> exist.  So in a sense it encapsulates the if_children idea.  If you
> give us a little more context or detail, I might be able to come up
> with some code that will do the trick.

I have a <div> containing a secondary navigation that should only be
inserted when there's underlying children.

Something like:

<r:if_children>
     <h3>More information</h3>
     <r:children:each>
       <a><r:link /></a>
     </r:children:each>
</r:if_children>

would do the trick.

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org