Yes I'm currently employing the selected tag under navigation, here is my current navigation code:

<ul>
<r:navigation urls="Home: /; Office: /diocesan-office; Ministries: /ministries; Spirituality: /spirituality; News: /news; Calendar: /calendar; Directory: /directory; Church Finder: /church-finder">
  <r:normal><li><a href=""><r:title /></a></li></r:normal>
  <r:here><li class="here"><r:title /></li></r:here>
  <r:selected><li><a href=""><r:title /></a></li></r:selected>
</r:navigation>
</ul>

This works fine if I a page is simply a child of a listed url, however if a page is a grandchild, great-grandchild, etc. then the parent/grandparent link is no longer in a selected state (I should have made that clearer).

See this link for a screenshot which shows the News "tab" currently  selected:

On this page tag/page you'll see a series of links under the heading "Bishop's Column" (November Article, December Article, etc.) If you were to click on December Article for instance the breadcrumb would read "Home > News > Bishop's Column > December Article" and the News "tab" should still be currently selected (though right now it wouldn't be).

I think I've looked at the code for the navigation tag closely enough to now know that this isn't an option as-is.

Are any additional options within the navigation control currently on the table? I would think that building-in some sort of option such as "selected_if_grandchild" could have universal application. If not, what would be my next best option?

Has anyone else dealt with this sort of nav scheme in Radiant yet?

Thanks,

Loren