> I would think a 'clone' page would be more useful.  It would
> essentially clone a child page by copying all parts and behavior but
> no content.  the new clone would be a sibling of the page cloned.

I like the "clone" command approach. It is a pragmatic one, probably
relatively easy to implement (but maybe I'm wrong), and easy to
understand for end users. In the case you need a clone of a sibling
page, you just clone the page, and a new sibling is created with a new
title/slug which you could change later (or contextually within the
cloning page--an input box pops up and request you the new title
otherwise a default is used); in the case of children, you create the
first child by hands (or by inheritance when and if available), and
then clone it to create a new page. I'd like to stress it would be very
useful to also have the part content pre-filled by the cloning process
(eventually this could be optional), because in many cases some page
parts could contain a snippet which is in common among all cloned pages
(think of config part in commentable, by way of example). I'd think
providing a clone button shouldn't be hard.