It isn't too bad considering the intended userbase for the CMS. It is
intended to be a system for small and trusted groups of users and not a
mass of people. It is definitely not for everyone and that is a good
thing to me since it isn't trying to be everything to everyone. It then
has a better focus.

One must also consider that we are still sitting at .52 for a stable
release and it is still growing in terms of its functionality and
feature set; one of those being the reworking of the plug-in system. So
even if the core does not natively support it, maybe there is a chance
for a plug-in to step in. As long as it has a solid API for extension,
it can be a lot of things. For now, it is still a work in progress.

Of course, John is the man with the plan on this. The system seems to be
working for what I need and that is what counts for me.