Hi Andreas,

I'm at a loss here, cause 1) am not sure why you're losing your files
inside RAILS_ROOT/public and 2)am not too familiar with the
ideocincracies of Mongrel. I run all my apps with Apache/FCGI and
works pretty good--and it has never erased any of my files.

It's a scary thought that a web server (Mongrel) can -- and does --
delete physical files from the file system with a change of settings.
I'd look into Mongrel documentation, instead of Radiant, IMO.