Adam,

I recently made a post in the same vein. And I would agree that while
not copying, per se, is sometime worth looking into more mature
products. As a pragmatic person, I don't believe in re-inventing the
wheel, just perfecting it, thus, I think Radiant should at least
consider looking into existing solutions and approaches instead of
trying to figure out stuff as we go--but that's up to all the
developers and, more importantly, John.