> I know there is a lot of built in support for sorting lists in Rails,
> but I'm still hoping a solution can be pulled together that's not too
> complicated and uses a tables.
>
> I've looked at some of the other sorting patches, but they seem to be
> incompatible with mental.

Well, the changing of the code from tables to lists made for much
cleaner html, ruby and javascript code (at the expense of more
complicated css). I think it would be a good idea to go ahead with that
regardless of sorting - predicated of course on having css that works
cross-browser.

I created a sorting patch in my 'on crack' branch - I might dig that
back up in the near future and see how that goes.

Also the discussion on reparenting - I don't think reparenting should be
a drag/drop operation - I quite liked to idea of having a 'parent'
drop-down list in the page metadata (though that also has the problem
with large numbers of pages). I'd also like to see the option of leaving
behind a redirect action to maintain cool uris.

Dan.