Hey I feel like I'm missing something obvious,

I created an extension that adds some columns to the pages table, and
now I want to add some methods to the Page class.

I put this at the bottom of my Extension class

class Page < ActiveRecord::Base

def test_new_method
  "hi"
end

end

And now I'm getting errors like:

undefined method `children' for #<Page:0x2280638>
undefined method `parts' for #<Page:0x2280638>

Which leads me to believe that my version of Page is being loaded, and
the original version is not.

How do I get them both to load? what's really going on here?

Also, can somebody tell why "logger" is not defined from my Extension
class
How can I access the logger?

thanks,
Jacob