my thoughts on available tags:
I was surprised to see that tags from the extensions were loaded into
the available tags windows.  very cool.
I would like to see the "available tags" link added to layouts and
snippets also.

Erik,  I keep a tab open to http://dev.radiantcms.org/radiant/wiki/
UsingRadiant so that I can see more description of the tags, but use
the available tags popup for quick reference.

dm