Jacob Burkhart wrote:
> Don't know if this is a good idea, just throwing it out there...
>
> Some CMSs use the concept of "checked out" and "checked in" content.  As
> soon as a user starts editing a page it becomes "checked out" and nobody
> else can edit it.  You can even save your changes without checking-in
> the file.  Then, you can display in the tree view who has what files
> "checked out".  And, perhaps an admin would have the ability to "force
> check in" for a page.
>
> Basically, this is:
>>> User can't even open the page because user B has that page locked
>>> (opened).
>
> With some terminology to display to the end users.

Or, Maybe it's time to consider addding versioning and history tracking.
If we detect a simulatneous edit, we simply save both versions.. one of
those versions is the later version and one of them is the earlier
version.  The User saving the later version would be notified of the
conflict and be able to use the history and rollback functionality to
resolve the conflict...